Tuesday, October 4, 2011

1 year Commitment - Half Way Through

Midpoint Marker! 

Should treat myself to something...chocolate, pedi/mani, a massage, how about a ghost writer...

So my silly (foolishly naive) commitment of 365 blog entries is half way through.

Actually, Sunday marked the half way point...183 blog entries.

So, Today is #185. It feels good to be more than 1/2 way through.

Nerdy Hubby calls this my 2nd job (just not getting paid for it).
The 10 y.o. asked me weekly if I am keeping up with my blog...thank for the reminder, I think?! Occasionally, he reads it.  So I have to be "aware" how much I talk about him.

To Remind Myself why I am doing this, here are a few quotes on commitment:


Commitment is what transforms a promise into reality. It is the words that speak boldly of your intentions. And the actions which speak louder than the words. It is making the time when there is none. Coming through time after time after time, year after year after year. Commitment is the stuff character is made of; the power to change the face of things. It is the daily triumph of integrity over skepticism. 
(Anonymous)

The uncommitted life isn't worth living. 
(Marshall Fishwick)

I believe life is constantly testing us for our level of commitment, and life's greatest rewards are reserved for those who demonstrate a never-ending commitment to act until they achieve. This level of resolve can move mountains, but it must be constant and consistent. As simplistic as this may sound, it is still the common denominator separating those who live their dreams from those who live in regret. 
(Anthony Robbins)

Now, if I can just figure out what to talk about for another 180 entries...
suggestions are welcome...ghost writing is even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment