Saturday, October 15, 2011

Wishing...Not To Be...So Myself sometime!

The "Self"...
the personhood, the identity, the "who am I"...

For the most part, I am "good with" who I am.

Then there are the few pieces of me that I continually wish that they would disappear.

After years of "working on" & "working through" my life, the "self" is no stranger to me.

I am pretty much a definitive "INFJ" on the Myers-Briggs Personality Typology.

Here is a brief summary of the MBTI:

You can take the personality test online yourself:
http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

Being married to a primary "INTP" and,
Having a almost for sure "ENFP" first-born & a too young to tell, but mostly "ISF(T)J" younger one are not easy on my INFJ personality.

I am looking for system when this is a phase of chaos.
I am obsessed with prioritizing tasks, values, goals, etc. and 50% of the family is not so much.
Yet my closet is in a consistent mess that I feel like it's growing by the second.
Majority of the time, I am so easy going, then out of some instinctive urgency, the critical voice would shout a laundry list of unfulfilled expectations toward me and through me. (my poor, poor family!)

Worst of All...
As much as I work at being a loving and consistent parent to my kiddies, I can't help but to "Push" them to be the best that they can be (years ahead of their time)!

So Here is A Good Reminder to Lighten Things Up:


No comments:

Post a Comment