Saturday, February 25, 2012

Juggling Act - Day to Day

Dropped A Few Balls!

So it's been a month since I started the new part-time job.
As the kiddies asked, "How many jobs do you have now, Mom?"
I chuckled to myself and told them I need to put it on my "To-Do List" to count how many jobs I have. And most likely I won't get to it until November!

My client load in private practice has been slowing down for the last 6 months.  So the part-time position is a blessing and definitely a good financial safety net.  But, it does take me physically away from the kids 3 days a week. It requires a 43-mile commute and 30% work related driving.

In the process of juggling and adjusting, I have definitely dropped a few balls.
"Mom, did you pack my _________?"
"Mom, did you get the _________ for school?"
"Mom, did you forget __________?"
Nerdy Hubby has been lovingly picking up the slack.  But I am still the primary multi-tasker in the house.

Then there is this poor blog!  Neglected but Not Forgotten.

How do we balance the juggling act?
1. Such is Life!...accept the fact that we will always be juggling and adjusting...there is no utopia!
2. What's It For?...what are the current life goals & expectations...why the juggling?  What are the family working toward?  Relational; Financial; Practical, etc
3. What Now?...prioritize, prioritize and prioritize. You will most likely always only get the top 3 items done!
4. It's All Good!...If we can accept the reality of our situations, clarify our goals, set realistic expectations, have a timeline, work on the most important things first, Then...most likely, we are on the right track.
5. Just Be Merry...Don't forget to enjoy the Here and Now...Capture the moments with your loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment