Thursday, February 23, 2012

Songs for My Little Big Man

My Little Man Turned 11 years old Today!

February 23, 2001 - 5:29 pm (appx.)

My little man came into our lives kicking and screaming!
It was a moment we waiting for, for a long time.
Not just the 10 months, but closer to 3 years.

Hours, days and months of prayer, tears and faltered hope. Tests, and drugs and medical interventions were done to no avail.

Just when we were about to give up...

(Nerdy Hubby used to quote Hannah's husband from the Bible, "...why are you weeping? Why don’t you eat? Why are you downhearted? Don’t I mean more to you than ten sons?”)

...we found ourselves pregnant!

The chorus of "I Know I Loved You (before I met you)" always bring tears to my eyes.
I remember sobbing to this all throughout the 1st trimester. I used to softly say, "You are so very much loved, more than you can ever imagine.  You are so wanted and you are worth the wait," over and over.


As time passes, life gets in the way.  The important words of love are at times left on the wayside. Disciplines and directions dominate the words that come out.  Yet, I would never want my Little Man to ever forget...
He was my First, he taught me how to be a mom. I needed him, as I still do, and will always be, as the teacher to my art of mothering.


Happy 11th Birthday My Little (Big) Man!

No comments:

Post a Comment