Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sunday Meditation - Less of self, More Of Him

For the Season of Lent...
Practicing Giving Up...the self

Lent, for many, is a season of soul-searching; reflection, repentance. 40 days of preparation toward the humbling yet glorious time of Easter.

People often talk of what they will give up...sugar, chocolate, coffee, smoking, etc.

As I ponder on it, I realized that I need Less of me and  More of Him. A vessel cannot hold a fresh in-pouring, if the content is not poured out.  I pray for freshness and newness. What's in me must be less for Him to be more.

Sara Groves' "Open My Hands," beautifully reminds us that God holds nothing back. He will never withhold what is good; what is love. His desire is to pour into us the peace, the joy, the faithfulness only He can provide.

Sara Groves talks about the song Open My Hands

Open My Hands by Sara Groves

No comments:

Post a Comment