Friday, January 6, 2012

Thoughts on Education

California - Maybe Not a Place for Education

I need to stop listening to NPR or any news for that matter.

This is not a political response. I am not even a political person.  I try to be informed and am definitely concerned.

Questions flood my mind and thoughts rush through. I am not even sure if I have the right to say much (we do have our kiddies in private school). Nonetheless, the values and principles of education are being diminish with every cut and every change within the system.

Questions:
What is up with more potential cuts to California educational system?!
Why is education no longer about the children and their learning?
Why are teachers not valued like many other countries and cultures?
Why are we teaching kids according to standardized tests rather than to think and to be creative?
What are we doing to prepare the future generations when education is no longer a priority?

(I think my last dose of cough medicine was a bit stronger than normal...)

So here is my reading list (to find some hope, somewhere).




No comments:

Post a Comment