Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Am I Too Negative?

The Follow-Up 
to last Tuesday...Negative People

Today...We Ask Ourselves, "Am I Too Negative?"

I can tell you right now, in certain areas of my life...I am!
Sad to admit, working on it for year, and there are still times that I get caught up in it.  Feel like a tidal wave...slip and swept away!

Hint:  never...ever...ask me to help your children with homework. Invasion of the body snatcher takes over my body and I "oooooooze" negativity.

Here is a brief quiz for you:
Quizlla has a brief quiz on "Are You Too Negative?"
http://quizilla.teennick.com/quizzes/7320038/are-you-too-negative

My Result:  You Are a Little Negative...
You can be negative from time to time. You have a realistic view and most people appreciate your honesty. Like everyone else, you have your dark moods. But when you're feeling super negative, you keep your feelings to yourself.

I prefer to call myself  a "Realist" in terms of:

Hope for the Best
Plan for the Worst
Live in the Reality of Now, the Present

A very reasonable article on "Being Too Negative"
http://www.succeedsocially.com/negative
Outline:
-Ways People Can Be Negative
-Targets for Negativity
-Signs You May Be Too Negative
-Reasons People Can Be Too Negative
-The Difficulty of Breaking the Negativity Habit
-A Few Ideas On Being Less Negative

My advise aside from the article above (which I will work on myself)
- Be Less of A Perfectionist
- See and Speak The Positives First
- Be Less Judging 
- Have More Empathy & Understanding
- Focus on the Strengths & Only Notice the Weaknesses
- Be Aware that Being Positive Does Not Mean That You Have a Low Standard
- It Takes More Energy to Stay Negative Than to Be Positive

Now Go Smile At Someone And Greet The Day With A Big Hug!

No comments:

Post a Comment