Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Movie Night - Home...a documentary

Home (2007) - a documentary about New York City, its immigrants and the people who pay tribute to the cosmopolitan.

Brief Description:
An Award-winning documentary about a young Dubliner reflects on his recent immigration to New York City, contemplating the concept of home and the ever-changing cosmopolis.

I mentioned in the past week that I was feeling "home-sick" for New York.   Having left "the city" 17 years ago for the City of Angeles, I feel often a sense of dualism.

I live like a Southern Californian, yet in many ways, I am still a New Yorker at heart.  Things can always be faster, louder, better, bolder...

Coming from a city that never sleeps, finding everything closed at 10 pm still stuns me at times (honestly though, at this point of my life, I don't really stay out beyond 10 pm anyway).

Yet, welcome to "the City" of my heart...I may never go back to live, but it lives in me wherever I go.



No comments:

Post a Comment