Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Movie Night - Ip Man (a Chinese martial art movie)

I am usually not a big Chinese movie fan.
Many of the ones I watched growing up had "unhappy" ending.
(not sure why, but somebody always die...the worst always happen...all the award winning movies always require a pack of tissue...)

Then there are the infamous kung fu movies. I know these have a "cult" followings, but this is just IMHO...
The settings are always ancient. Mostly, the plot is to support the fighting scenes.  Typically, not a date or girls'night movie.

So when I saw "Ip Man" on Amazon, I hesitated. But if I want Nerdy Hubby to stay awake and watch a movie with me...I will have to choose wisely.  (a subtitled, foreign documentary would not be wise)

Read up on the story line, realized that it was loosely based on a real martial artist and set in the time of the Japanese invasion of China.  A semi-biographic film, I would be interested in.

Ip Man (2008)


Watch it on Amazon.com - dubbed in English
Very impressive...inspirational...showing strength and restrain...positivity and integrity...
Ip Man the real person, was an epic man of a generation, in life and in martial arts.


No comments:

Post a Comment