Saturday, May 14, 2011

From Book Report to Millions of What If(s)

It's Book Report Weekend, aka...pulling hair out weekend.
Trying to get a 4th grader and a 1st grader to FOCUS takes superhuman strength (at least at our house).

Rather than rewriting the draft, clarifying the plot, deciding on the artwork and preparing for the presentation...it becomes a time of "a million questions!"




What if I was diving to the bottom of the ocean?
What if I fly to the sky like a bird?
Why are there germs in the world?
What is the purpose of salt? 
How long do you think I can survive without water?
Etc. Etc. Etc.

Some of these questions are related to the books, others being asked, just because...  As I try to stop them from these "distraction," I am reminded of the values of questions...the curiosity of life.

Questioning is the process of finding out what is of value, what is sacred, what is worth, what is life?  So as I attempt to tamed the process long enough to get the reports done, I must remember to treasure and to ensure that the questions keep coming.

The timing may always be wrong, the patient may always be a bit short, the free association may always be a distraction.  Yet...the end result will always bring on more life.

What is One of the Million Questions You Have?
Ask It Today.


No comments:

Post a Comment