Thursday, June 9, 2011

Delightful Duet: Gustavo Dudamel and The L.A. Phil

One of the biggest complain about therapy is, "Are you going to ask me about my mother or my father?!...I am really over that you know!"

Yes. We do ask about mother and father. Yes, it does matter.  Our individual family culture has more to do with our current dilemmas in life than we would like to admit.

But today, I am going to thank my mother for the endowment of classical music.  The love and the ear for it wasn't natural.  She used to take us to concerts and push us into piano, violin and singing lessons.  Honestly, we didn't have the talent and we didn't have the right kind of teachers to encourage us to excel.  But the battles were not in vain.

Every so often, I long to sit in the midst of an echoing concert hall, listening for those first notes from the orchestra tuning their instruments. Then the silence will fall and with a wave from the maestro...you are transported to another time, another place.


Gustavo Dudamel and 

The L.A. Philharmonic



Enjoy!  Wishing You a Wonderful Musical Journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment