Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Travel Packing Habits - Over-Packers VS. Under-Packers

I must confess, I am a road trip "Over-Packer."

Unlike most vacations where you are limited to one suitcase and one carry-on on the plane, a road trip beckons over-packers with the fantasy that they can bring as much as they want.
  • "Of course, we can fit that in! There’s tons of room in the car!"
  • "I’m a master packer – wait ‘til you see me in action. You’d be amazed at what I can fit into a trunk!"
  • "That? Yeah, let’s bring that, too. You never know what you’ll need."
  • "I was a Boy Scout and you know their motto: always be prepared!
Then there are the "Under-Packers."

Under-packers are in heaven on airplanes and trains with their tiny bags and miniature toiletries. 
Being forced to buy things if they need them on their trip is worth it to not have to drag around heavy bags.

But when it comes to a road-trip, it just doesn’t make sense to under-pack. Having to shop on the road takes time away from sightseeing and other fun activities, and though there’s not an endless amount of room in the car (as the over-packer fervently believes), there is enough room to bring what you need.

Planning-Fun-Road-Trips.com 
has a many great tips and wonderful packing lists.



Best reminders for me so far are "tons of baggies" & "Big beach towels" for those just in case situations.  I am not sure just in case for what, but I want to be  prepared...oh no, the over-packer in me just reared its ugly head!

Take a Fun Road Trip This Summer...Just Because!

No comments:

Post a Comment