Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sunday Inspiration - Chamber Choir Music

I have come to realized that either I am highly eclectic or I am aimless.
I am hoping that I am truly the former rather than the latter.  We, as a family do try to experience an array of artistic, cultural and musical expressions.

While we are very much immersed in the contemporary, we do try to appreciate the classics.  For me, Choral Music is at time sorely missed in the "nowadays" church setting.

Voices as instruments, the tones, the parts, the layers of directions put musical notes in their fullest expressions can be such a moving experience.

This Sunday, We will have an opportunity to hear the Los Angeles Chamber Choir singing the following pieces.
Los Angeles Chamber Singers & Cappella http://www.lacs.org/lacshomepage.html
Hope this will be of an inspiration to you this Sunday.

Robert Parsons: Magnificat from The Great Service 

William Byrd:  Magnificat from The Great Service


No comments:

Post a Comment