Monday, June 6, 2011

Good Eats Monday - Gluten Free Recipes

More and more people are going "Gluten-Free."
Many due to the diagnosis Celiac Disease. Others do not fulfill the full criteria yet find the gluten free diet helpful to their physical health and well-being.

I hear more about gluten free diet from moms. Those who have children diagnosed with Autism spectrum illnesses and other with ADHD children.
Many of them find the diet effective as a complimentary health component to the traditional medical  treatments.

Today, though, I am just focusing on the lighter side of how to make yummy gluten free food. I found several blogs consistently provide wonderful and healthful recipes.  Going gluten free is not easy in our process food world.  It does inspire me to remember, "You are what you eat." So eat well and be good to our bodies.

The 1st recipe is from my favorite food blogger - tarteletteblog.com.
It's a pear and almond mini tart.  My son has been eating up pears like they are going out of style.  This recipe immediate came to mind.

Pear & Almond Frangipane Tartelettes

Another interesting blog is lexieskitchen.com.
A wonderful mother started cooking gluten free because of her young son's  undiagnosed health condition.

  
Hazelnut Brownies

I can tell you all right now, I am a recovering "Carb Addict." My biggest temptation is the bakery aisle/acre at Costco!  So when I saw a "Eat Your Veggies" recipe for Zucchini Bread, i had to look.

From Jules Gluten Free - http://blog.julesglutenfree.com/

I wish You Good Eats, Especially To Your Good Health.
Let's Eat Well For Our Bodies Today.

No comments:

Post a Comment