Tuesday, July 5, 2011

8 Secrets To Success

Secrets To Success...

Not quite sure if any of the information I have read over the years on the topic is truly a "Secret."

Unless it is some infomerical scam, all the secrets are pretty much common sense being tested over time.

So how does one define success? ...Especially for children
I don't think I have ever been so concerned with the topic until I have children.

If I take my own advise (to parents),
I would say, we need to help children:

- Set Clear Goals
- Achievable Expectations
- Measurable Results
- Provide Desirable Rewards

As my kiddies get older, these needed to be broken down into clearer principles.  Searched the web for more help.  Partly because I (we) can get pretty high strung and intense, maybe at times unreasonably so as parents. So in seeking objectivity, Richard St. John's "8 To Be Great" popped up.

Richard St. John's "8 To Be Great"


No comments:

Post a Comment