Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Movie Night - The Great Buck Howard

I used to hang on to movie reviews for my movie choices.
Then I grew up.

Individual tastes, phases of life, interests, curiosities, etc etc. are so much more than box office hype.

With Netflix, Amazon or Blockbuster, you can stream movies all day and all night...Nerdy Hubby said that the insomniac will never be lonely.

So the latest adventure at the (home) movie is The Great Buck Howard (2008).

I will watch anything with John Malkovich.  It's a great character film, as with all of his filmography. Directed by Sean McGinly who wrote the screenplay based on his observations as road manager for magician, the Amazing Kreskin.

Regardless of ages and circumstances, we all want to believe in "magic." There are no special effects, nothing got blown up, no 3D glasses.  Yet, it's still magical to believe (in someone or something).


Ok...I give...the Review from Roger Ebert...Just for fun.
http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090318/REVIEWS/903189993

It's like when my kiddies ask me, "Mommy, do you believe in Santa?"
My answer is still, "Babies, I believe in Santa for you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment