Friday, July 8, 2011

The Insanity of Summer (For a Working Mom)

Every Summer I would say, "Next summer will be different!"

...next summer, I will be more organized
...I will be less stressed
...I will have our vacations all planned out
...I will not feel like a chauffeur
...I will have time to cook
...I will actually relax and enjoy the kids



Then "next summer" is Here...and...Sorry to Report, Not So Different.

In some way, summer can be worst for a working mom.  
I am supposed to have fun, enjoy the summer, taking in all the scenery, see how the kids have grown.

Reality so far is, everyday, I have to juggle the my clients' schedules (they have kids, on a summer schedule, and have vacations too); my kiddies' summer "fun" schedules; family vacations, and so on and on.

Everyday is different, (not in a good way), so I live by my calendar! 
Doing my best to be at the right place, the right time and on the right date! 
At times, it's harder than it sounds (at least for me).

The Soko.com has an article that tries to speak to this issue:

How To Balance Work and Family This Summer

Someday, it will be different.  I will take the whole summer off and not worry about any of this.  But that fantasy is a long way off. So until then, I am glad that I am companions along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment