Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sunday Meditation - In Christ Alone

Growing up in a traditional church in the East Coast, singing hymns was very much a part of our lifestyle.

By the time I was in college, the movement toward contemporary worship music was in full swing.  Of course I was swept away with it just like every other young person.

Now that Hymns are no longer the norm in churches, I have to say that I miss them...a lot.

Maybe I am getting older and seek a balance between the contemporary and the traditional. Maybe, I am just getting more nostalgic.  I do think it is a growing appreciation of the hearts and souls behind them.

I get very excited when I hear the more contemporary artists putting their interpretation on the old hymns.


In Christ Alone - Newsboys



No comments:

Post a Comment