Friday, July 29, 2011

The Odes Project - The First Christian Hymnal


Occasionally, I catch something interesting on the radio that I can't get off my mind.  Was driving a distance to watch the my son learn how to surf.

An introduction to The Odes Project was on one of the Christian radio station.  

The Odes of Solomon, which some scholars have called “The First Christian Hymnal,” is in fact a worship anthology from one of the earliest Christian communities. The poems it contains were composed sometime before 125 C.E., and may have been used as chants in a church or synagogue.

As soon as I got the chance I looked it up.

The Odes Project Official Website:

Here are a couple of samplers
Odes of Solomon - 13

Odes - 3

History is very Fascinating.
History that brings Hope is Compelling!

No comments:

Post a Comment