Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Turning Another Page...

Preparing for a New Year...

My Birthday is 3 days after Christmas and 3 days before New Year.
It's pretty anti-climatic (if you ask me).
I used to get a lot of "white elephant" gifts on my birthday.
Long ago, I decided that I will have to plan my own birthday if it was going to be something special.

As I have gotten older, the week after Christmas and before New Year has become very special in itself.  I can't help but to ponder on the year passed and anticipate the year to come.  It's Not just time, but also age.

How does one keep moving forward and onward, year after year?
Some years are harder than others.
Some years reaped more regrets and what ifs.
Other years overflowed with more gladness and fulfillment.
But always with some joy and thanksgiving.

Regardless of small steps or big leaps, each movement keep us in motion.
Seconds build up to minutes, hours to days, and life is lived one moment at a time.

How shall we then live?
- Measure life through experiences
- Keeping focus
- Look for the goods in life
- Learn from the bads
- Must have support and companions in the walk of life
- If we fall, we must dust ourselves off and get up again

Often I found where I should be going only by setting out for somewhere else
- Buckminster Fuller

No comments:

Post a Comment