Friday, August 5, 2011

Feeling Sentimental - A Person's Legacy


At the Sunset of Our lives - What Legacy Do We Leave Behind?

Today, I attended a memorial service. The last couple of years, I have had to go to a number of funerals.  Mainly, they were all untimely. 

Although they were all too sudden and the loss of potentials were great, the number of lives these people had touched were greater.

Today, as sadness set in, so did a sense of celebration...A celebration of a life well-lived. 

Sooner or later, we all have to think about life and death, the seasons of life and decide what kind of life do we want to live? 
Is it about the substance, the purpose, the cause, the goal, the impact, the call...?  
Guess it can be one or two, or maybe all or maybe none of the above.

I can't help but to ask myself, what kind of choices am I making? 
Are these choices consistent to a life well-lived, or according to my own life process?  Possibility My Legacy?

“I may be here for a short while, gone tomorrow into oblivion or until the days come to take me away. But, in whatever part you play, be remembered as part of a legacy…of sharing dreams and changing humanity for the better. It’s that legacy that never dies.”    – Author Unknown

"Our days are numbered. One of the primary goals in our lives should be to prepare for our last day. The legacy we leave is not just in our possessions, but in the quality of our lives. What preparations should we be making now? The greatest waste in all of our earth, which cannot be recycled or reclaimed, is our waste of the time that God has given us each day."
— Bill Graham

Five For Fighting has a poignant song I'm using 
to illustrate my thought...100 years
Here is the lyric

The Official Video is Beautifully Done

No comments:

Post a Comment