Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Movie Night - Eternal Sunshine of the spotless mind

I am not a Jim Carrey fan...But I am so so so a Fan of this movie.
(I do love Kate Winslet)

Eternal Sunshine of the spotless mind...

From the title, it gives absolutely not a clue about the movie.  I cannot tell you why I watched it when it came out.  I can tell you why I go back to it again and again.

I am not a hopeless romantic...sometimes I wish I am...
What I am is an eternal optimistic realist (if there is such an entity).  I am always hopeful about people, situations and life. Yet I look at the facts and almost obsessed with reality.

The movie comes at relationship from a "sweet to sour" (then eternal) angle. It is the reality of the stages of relationship.
From its complex yet simple context, it confirms for me that in relationship, we are not to just "do for" the ones we love.  We have to "do with" them.  We are to create shared experiences, shared emotions, shared reality.

No one can take those away; no negative life situations can remove those in heart or mind.
There is no erasing memories which are co-created.  Now, this goes for both joyful and hurtful memories.

But just for a couple of hours, we can all wish and dream that we all will make the right choices.






No comments:

Post a Comment