Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Movie Night - Between the Folds, a documentary

Yes...I am a Geek...
I watch and enjoy Documentary.
Especially well made ones.

Between the Folds -2010
http://www.greenfusefilms.com/

"A fascinating documentary about the science and art of origami..."

But...It's so much more.

To me, this was not a film, it was an "Experience."  I will never look at a piece of paper in the same way ever again.  It's a medium; it's a plane; it's lines; it's building blocks.


BETWEEN THE FOLDS profiles brilliant artists, mathematicians and scientists who are reinventing the ancient Japanese tradition of paper folding. With just one piece of paper, and without the use of glue, tape or staples, these offbeat and provocative minds are creating unimaginably beautiful works of art and thought-provoking mathematical models.

One of the best line from the film was:

A piece a paper, Nothing Added, Nothing Removed...
Just Transformed.

Before, I watched it, I knew nothing of the film.  From the first moment, I felt moved, inspired, a true potential energy surge.  I wanted to be that piece of paper, be transformed to my fullness potential. 

I have nothing but praise for this film.  Watch it.  It's only 55 minutes, yet, hopefully, you too will be transformed.







No comments:

Post a Comment