Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The How To Guide to Fall Out of Love


Every so often, (more often than I would like to hear) someone will be in my office, on my couch saying these words, "I think I am falling out of love..."

I know the concept of love is complicated and multi-layered.  Scholars and philosophers since the beginning of time have been trying to clarify the concept.  People have lived and died for love; nations have been won and lost because of love.  Today, I won't even attempt on the subject matter.

But I will address (at least my two cents) the phase of "Falling Out Of Love." I will take the approach of, if I can't beat, I will join them (Yes, I am applying sarcasm).  So I created a very brief outline to

"The How To Guide to Fall Out of Love"


Here are 5 simple steps to falling out of love.  
For best result, repeat the steps over a consistent period of time.


1.         Stop Communicating
-don’t talk
-don’t text
-don’t email
-don’t listen
-don’t explain
***never write each other love notes

2.         Stop Spending Time Together
-don’t go out and have fun
-don’t engage in any activities together
-don’t vacation together
-don’t go on date nights
***never enjoy each others’ company

3.         Stop Setting Goals and Doing Things Together
-don’t work on any projects
-don’t make plans
-don’t set long and short term goals in life and in relationship
-don’t do any parenting or problem solving
***never compromise for the sake of having a good relationship

4.         Stop Connecting
-don’t share experiences
-don’t turn toward each other in times of need
-don’t rely on each other for comfort
-don’t be supportive
-don’t give empathy
-don’t share your thoughts and feelings
***never show any affections

5.         Stop Being Friends
-don’t be nice
-don’t be respectful
-don’t pay attention to the person
-don’t be helpful
-don’t ask for suggestions and  seek advise
***never show any appreciation


Now that You Know Exactly How To Fall Out of Love...
Please...
Go Do the Exact Opposite for the Love of One Another.

No comments:

Post a Comment