Friday, August 26, 2011

What Superpower Would You Want?

(no, this is not my child...just a stock picture)

The first writing assignment for the 2nd grader today was...

"If you can have any super power, 
which one would you want?"

Not surprisingly, She Wants to Fly!
She thought it would be fun.  She can be fast and see many places. She would love to have wings. She also wishes for her family to fly with her. (and a couple of other sentences which repeat the above)

When she got home, she asked everyone which would they choose.  We were on a tight Friday schedule so we really didn't entertain her idea.  (now I feel bad)

Yet, it was a really good questions...What Superpower Would You Want?
Anti-gravity
Bullet Speed
Cross-dimensional Travel
Duplication
Energy Manipulation

Ok...don't be too impressed.  I am no superpowers wikipedia.
There is an actual website with an ever growing list of super powers contributed by the cyber public.
Do reference it for fun...
http://www.superherodb.com/powers/ 

I realized though, after looking at the (long) list that I gravitated toward the mind and time control attributes. What does that say about me?

I am also drawn to pushing and changing the reality of the future rather than the past.

It maybe a waste of time to ponder on this silly question.  But at the status of our world today and the ever changing political and environmental uncertainties. It might not be a bad idea to think about...

What Superpower Would I Want To Help Change The World For The Better?

No comments:

Post a Comment