Monday, November 14, 2011

Good Eats - Juicing for Monday

Juice to "De-Tox"

5 day cleanse for a "food addict."

Having been thinking about doing it for a while.  My digestive system has not been happy with me lately.  Read up on raw food.  Realized that I won't be able to do that, (too much crunchy chewing on a regular basis).

One of the more realistic and reasonable option is to start with a juice detox and then eat vegetarian for 5 days a week, fish and poultry for the other 2 days.

So I was waiting for the "best" time to start.  after Halloween? after a great big Thanksgiving feast?  Maybe the new year, etc.  Then, the time kind of chose me.

This last long weekend was extremely busy and full of obligations.  So we ate horrible, greasy, fried, fast food.
Then last night, so excited to try out this BBQ place.  Ordered the sampler platter for the table and then my own brisket platter.  Food was very good.  Then it all hit me all at once.

Headache, feeling bloated, indigestion, almost knocked me to the ground.  My system was just too overloaded. It was protesting, crying out for help...Please oh Please, Stop!

Vegetable & Fruit to the Rescue


Mean Green
1 Bulk of kale
4 Stalks of celery
1 Cucumber
2 granny smith apples
½ lemon
Ginger root (thumb sized)



Beet-Carrot-Apple Energizer

1 golden or red delicious apple, washed
5 medium carrots, scrubbed well, tops removed, ends trimmed
1 small beet with leaves and stems, scrubbed well
1/2 lemon, washed or peeled if not organic
1/2- to 1-inch piece ginger root, washed

Making the juice:
1. Cut the all ingredents into sections to fit your juicer’s feed tube.
2. Juice all ingredients, stir the juice and pour into a glass.
3. Serve at room temperature or chilled.

Make Your Juice

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment