Monday, November 21, 2011

Swapping Monday - Good Eats...Not Ready

Not Ready...

That may very well be my "Motto" for this Holiday Season.
Actually, that may have always been my motto for every holiday season.
This time, my goal may be to give up "feel bad" about it.

Does one ever feel fully ready for the Holidays.
The decorations...The guest list...the food...the gifts...the last minute prep...and the list goes on.

In honor of making mistakes and losing some perfectionist traits...I may just let it be.  

Whatever "it" may be.  

I am always late on the decorations.
The stores started Christmas in September!
The neighbors started last weekend.
Us, if we are lucky...December 23!

Gift-giving is one of the more difficult tasks.
I can order everything online. But every year, I try to do it with the kiddies (Why?!).
It's important to me that they are part of the planning, shopping and then the gift giving experience.
For most kids, they love to shop for themselves, shopping for others is a learned skill...that can be quite challenging. But we journey on...(Crazy mother mindset)

Food seems to be the easy part for me.
Yet, I am still either sending people out or going myself to get those last few "missing" ingredients.
The cashier asked me yesterday, while I was in line for my last few items for Thanksgiving, "So, are you ready for Thanksgiving?" I found myself answering him with, "I vowed to be ready, if not, it just has to be. I do have the turkey!"

There will be literally a million more details before December 31.  School projects, school parties, snow day, piano recital, dance recital, practice days, rehearsal days, meals with family, meals with friends, waiting in lines, shopping, returning, cleaning, packing, the clock is ticking...

I can be hard on myself and my loveies, or I can take the time to Remember the Reason for this Season!

No comments:

Post a Comment