Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Movie Night - Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead

Joe Cross was...Fat - Sick - and Nearly Dead
http://www.fatsickandnearlydead.com/

Then...
He made a change...
Found a new body and a better way of life...
A very different understanding of food...

I am on a food kick theme this week, and stumbled upon this film.

While it reminds me of the Jack LaLanne's Juicer infomercial, the inspirational personal stories cannot be denied.

We all know that we should eat more fruit and vegetables, stay away from processed food and cut way down on eating fast food.  Yet, we all have a difficult time giving up our bad harmful eating habits.

We hear it on the news and the latest researches, obesity continues to be on the rise, especially with children age 5 to 9. How we eat is basically causing more illnesses and lowering life expectancy, or at least the quality of life.

What is most interesting and alarming to me is when Joe interviews different people on the film, almost everyone said the same thing, "I know I should eat healthy, but I can't, I am weak."
I have said that a thousand times too.

At one point or another,  those who made changes in their eating habit (in the film), all said that it's no longer about how they look.  It was the fact that they were healthier, feeling better and got off of different medications for their ailments.

Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead - Official Trailer

I might not be running out to buy a juicer (from Joe Cross),
yet, I am more convinced that we need to be very careful what we put into our bodies (and our kids' bodies). Green, Red, Blue, or Purple, we need to put a rainbow of colors into our bodies. They just have to be whole food and all natural.

No comments:

Post a Comment