Friday, November 11, 2011

Talking About...Gratitude on 11-11-11


Friday, 11-11-11 
also Veterans' Day 2011
Thank You to All the Veterans!
We are able to live the lives we have because you were willing to give of your life.

Going back to 11-11-11.
There are a ton of theories out there about this special number on this special day.
People are make sure that they are getting marry, having babies, buying lotteries, etc on this day.

As I look at 11-11-11, what brings to mind is eternity, infinity, universality.
Not sure why in particular, but it does.
It makes me think of how everyday is a special day.
We look at random numbers to decide what is special and what is not.
Yet, I believe that everyday, I can wake up and live my life, be with the people in my life, make my day special.

Brother David Steindl-Rast, a Benedictine monk dedicated his life to talk about "Gratefulness."
http://www.gratefulness.org/

Gratefulness and Gratitude are not just predictable topic of discussion during the month of November, because of Thanksgiving.

It is an attitude toward life, day by day and everyday.


Here is a sample of Brother David Steindl-Rast's thoughts...A Good Day

No comments:

Post a Comment