Friday, November 4, 2011

Thinking About...Fried Chicken!

I am drooling!

Every so often...I think about Fried Chicken.
Not KFC, Church's or Popeyes...nothing to do with fast food.

Old Fashioned, brined, buttermilk, peanut oil, kind of fried chicken.

I usually do not cook or appreciate Paula Deen's recipes.  But her recipe for her Spicy Buttermilk Fried Chicken looks insanely good this Friday evening.

Fried chicken is one of those things that "I don't make."
I don't like to fry...what do I do with the oil after?  Don't have a bio-diesel car engine to pour into.

So here are a few suggestions if you live in L.A.

Honey's Kettle Fried Chicken - http://www.honeyskettle.com/index.html
Kettle Chicken, Kettle Fish, Kettle Fries, even Kettle Tea...
Then there is the biscuit, the hot cakes (even blue berries), hush puppies and the pies and cakes...

Perfectly fried...Crispy skin...juicy meat...medium batter and a lot of yum!
Sides cannot out shine the bird.

And the institution of fried chicken and waffles - Roscoe's House of Chicken' N Waffles
http://www.roscoeschickenandwaffles.com/
Chicken & Waffles...Waffles with Chicken...
There are other stuff on the menu, but the only 2 reasons to go is Chicken and Waffles!

Well, I wish you Fried Chicken...Happy Bird Hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment