Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pressure Proof Your Holidays

Happy Holidays...(I guess)

Once we hit Halloween, the end of the year holidays will come racing forth!
Even if we are not ready or feel ready...

I hear it over and over, year after year from people...

"I love this time of the year...But...I am so stressed out!"
"For once, I would like to enjoy the holidays. If only I could..."

I am no exception to this...
I do think that every year, I try to get a little better at it.

Less Stress...More Enjoyment!

Found this wonderful article - 8 ways to Pressure-Proof Your Holiday
http://www.familylife.com/site/apps/nlnet/content3.aspx?c=dnJHKLNnFoG&b=3577101&ct=11510159&notoc=1

With very sound advise...

1.  Pray (Meditate, Center, Focus, etc)
2.  Take Time to Plan
3.  Realistic Expectations & Communicate Them
4.  Discuss Holiday Plans with Your Spouse
5.  Focus on the Reasons for the Season
6.  Don't Over-spend
7.  Don't Try to Do Everything
8.  Don't Try to Please Everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment