Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Celebrating Girlfriends (Sorry Fellas)


Nichole Johnson  -  http://www.freshbrewedlife.com/
Nicole will be at Women of Faith 2011   
September 2011 Anaheim, CA

When nerdy hubby and I drove cross country 17 years ago (wow...where has the time gone), to the opposite shore of the country, the saddest part was leaving behind our friends.

After settling into life in California, I remembered literally praying for friends.  I was REALLY specific, how many, the kind of personalities, life stages, common interest, etc etc. (Luckily God didn't listen to me)

(Hey, money making light-bulb moment - need to talk to nerdy + techie hubby - thinking "Match for Friendship Only"...$19.99 a month...if you call within the next 30 seconds, 2 friends for the price of 1)

I've learned a lot since then about choosing friends and the values of healthy friendships.  I've also gotten my prayer answered.

My friends are from all walks of life, all ages, they are both near and far, with different interests, different takes on life, yet each of them helps complete me.  I can laugh with them, cry with them, whine and wine with them.  My circle surrounds me with love, kindness, acceptance and accountability.

They can follow today's blog entry without any issues.  (Sorry Fellas, if you find this entry tangential, then you are right on tract)  They can walk with me in life's ups and downs and continue to cheer me on.

I Love You All, My Girlfriends
Today, We Celebrate "Us" and The Friendship We Share
I Thank God for Putting You in My Life 



No comments:

Post a Comment