Thursday, April 14, 2011

Find Your Suburban Oasis

Hollyhock House at Barnsdall Art Park in East Hollywood 

The Barnsdall Art Park  -  Official Website

Growing Up in New York City exposed me to an array of cultural activities and experiences.   Just the island of Manhattan is literally packed with venues of everything imaginable for children of all ages.    

Realizing that for my children growing up in the suburbs of Los Angeles, these types of experiences will only be had by active intention.

So as I was communing with the all might "Google."  and hearing my family in the background going, "Mom, get off the computer!"  Barnsdall Art Park popped up onto my screen.  

Free art exhibits 
A Beautiful park in the middle of East Hollywood (only a 30 mins drive)
AND
A Tour of Hollyhock House designed by Frank Lloyd Wright 

I screamed back at my family, "Get your shoes on and Get into the car!"  Here is a glimpse of what we found on our little excursion.

 The Hollyhock House

The Current Art Exhibit

The Art Park

May it be an Urban or a Suburban Oasis...
Go find it.
Be Open...Take It All In... and Enjoy 
Your senses will thank you for it.



No comments:

Post a Comment