Monday, April 25, 2011

Stuff - Sort Them, Keep Them or Throw Them Out

KCRW - UnFictional  

I am a big fan of KCRW's UnFictional radio program.  I try to catch it every Tuesday; and when I can't, I stream it.

I am still a lover of radio.  I like the old fashion way of story telling.  It's not about the sensationalism, special effects, glitz or razzle-dazzle.

Today I am "thinking" about cleaning up my stuff.  Sorting them, maybe; keeping those of true value, maybe; throwing out other stuff, maybe. These are all a matter of perspective and personal feelings. Nerdy Hubby and the kiddies always run and hid when I announce that I am going to clean out the closets, or do seasonal cleaning or just lightly suggest that it's time to sort out what to donate to Goodwill.

All this pondering reminded me of a program on UnFictional - Miscellaneous
Follow the link to listen to the program.
UnFictional producer Bob Carlson invites an household organizing expert to his house, to help go through his garage full of the junk he's been holding onto since he was a teenager. Organizer and closet designer Tina Russek can be found at www.aperfectcloset4you.com.

After that,  a dreamlike visit to the U.S. Postal Service mail recovery center. Producer Samara Freemark finds her way there after she loses a package in the mail. She meets many of the regulars, and arouses the suspicions of the authorities.
Both are great stories referencing people and their attitudes toward stuff.  
Hope you enjoy listening to this. Then you can decide what to do with your stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment