Sunday, April 24, 2011

He Is Alive!!!

Love Wins  - Rob Bell

I MUST start out with  -  It's Easter Sunday...
It's a HAPPY DAY!!!  &  What a GLORIOUS DAY...

I can't say that I am a supporter or a critic of "Love Wins" by Rob Bell. I have yet to complete his book.
So far, I do agree with one of the reviewer of his book, G. P. Wood from MO.


****************
"There are two kinds of people in the world: those who love questions and those who love answers. 

Question-lovers focus on the ambiguity and uncertainty of belief. Reality is bigger and more complex than our theories about it. Consequently, we must be humble in the face of mystery, knowing how much we do not know.

Answer-lovers focus on the clarity and certainty of belief. Reality may slip the grasp of theory at the margins, but theory has a firm grip on reality at the center. So, we must act courageously in the world on the basis of what we do know.

Rob Bell loves questions. His critics love answers. This difference between them--a difference that is both temperamental and methodological--illuminates the controversy surrounding Bell's new book, Love Wins: A Book About Heaven, Hell, and the Fate of Every Person Who Ever Lived." 
****************

Personally, I work with people's sufferings on a daily basis.  At times, my concerns are not the after-life but the here and now.  I know the Good News; I preach the Good News; I do my best to live out the Good News. But so many are already living in a daily Hell.  Some may say that they either deserve it or they create it; maybe they are willingly staying in it.  All may be true.  Yet the sufferings in such are still true.  I do often wonder WWJD???

Here are two differing perspectives on "Love Wins."
Fuller Theological Seminary President Richard Mouw's thought:
Christianity Today's:

What I do know Today is  -  My Savior Lives
Happy Day



No comments:

Post a Comment